Save-A-Pet Job Description
Title: Development Coordinator
Reports to: Development Manager
Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Hours: 40 hours per week - Must be available to work evenings and weekend hours, when needed.
Working collaboratively with the Development Manager and the Executive Director, this position supports the development efforts of Save-A-Pet, focusing on organizing special events, increasing and maintaining fundraising events, donor cultivation, marketing, and branding while promoting the organization’s mission.
- Be familiar with general laws and governmental regulations applicable to non-profit agencies/fundraising.
- Act as the SAP liaison to committees related to fundraising, when requested.
- Help oversee staff/volunteers responsible for data entry and gift processing.
- Develop and track budget scenarios and reports for all fundraising and development activities.
- Assist in developing and presenting the annual budget for fundraising.
- Assist in obtaining data for the annual Donation Stats report.
- Complete administrative tasks related to, but not limited to:
- Memorial and honorarium gift orders (garden bricks, engraved leaf/stone, etc.)
- Condo and kennel sponsorships
- Capital campaigns
- Raffle permit applications
- Giving programs such as Guardian Angels
- Create a bi-weekly thank you letter list for the board members.
- Liaison with Donation Can Leader.
- Assist with remote credit card processing.
- Liaison/coordination with 3rd party fundraisers.
- Coordination of community events with team lead.
- Coordination of “Other Ways to Donate” such as Chewy and Amazon.
- Coordinate and manage all matching gifts, employee giving and all giving portals such as United Way, Benevity, and Network for Good. Sign up for ACH payments, as needed.
- Assist in coding donation checks for/with data entry personnel.
2. Planning and Development:
- Establish, coordinate, and maintain annual fund initiatives, (i.e. partnerships, appeals, etc.).
- Create event and donation pages.
- Organize and implement special events, including logistics, sponsor, vendor, and attendee relations throughout the year.
- Oversee and take the lead for all event software (Greater Giving, CRM, WordPress, etc.).
- Take the lead for the planning and execution of the annual Furry Friends 5K and Hogz 4 Pawz fundraising events.
- Plan and execute miscellaneous fundraisers such as the Mum sale and online raffle.
- Take the lead for the planning and execution of the annual Tree of Hope Ornament fundraiser and tree lighting (as needed).
- Assist with the planning and execution of the annual Holiday Open House event.
- Assist the Development Manager with all fundraising initiatives and implementation of events.
- Maintain data and reporting for the Challenge Dollar initiatives.
- Oversee the Online store concerning inventory, sales reports, and payments.
- Maintain media contacts and write press releases when requested.
- Update and maintain the annual Event Calendar.
- Assigned to take a radio “spot” on a rotating basis with a weekly XLC Radio spot and comfortable talking about Save-A-Pet in a public setting.
- Work with the Development Manager and Office Administrator on the Donation process flow chart.
- Assist with the planning and tracking of capital campaigns.
- Work collaboratively with volunteers, staff, and various committees to identify avenues of economic support for the organization and in keeping with SAP’s goals.
- Work fundraising events which could include evening hours and weekends.
3. Donor Relations:
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit potential donors, including individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- Oversee and be proficient in the donor management database and recognition process.
- Assist with the coordination of direct mail campaigns, appeals, and newsletters.
- Create, write, and post communications such as “In the Know While You Go” and the lobby TV presentations.
- Maintain the Guardian Angel program including donor relations and communications and monthly reporting.
4. Marketing/Community and Public Relations:
- Promote positive public relations in dealing with members of the community, donors, volunteers, etc.
- Work with the Social Media Committee to maximize SAP’s fundraising potential through social media efforts.
- Update and maintain Save-A-Pet’s “signature” on all emails received and sent to staff.
- Create and disseminate the Social Media Monthly Guide.
- Write and/or contribute material for SAP’s various weekly, biweekly or quarterly newsletters.
- Update and schedule on the SAP Website, Greater Giving, Facebook, Instagram, Linked Tree, TikTok, YouTube, Twitter, and LinkedIn page.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, preferably in business, non-profit, or related field. Prefer three years of experience in development, fundraising, and marketing with one to two years of managing staff and/or volunteers. Knowledge of not-for-profit organizations is preferred.
- The position requires a comprehensive understanding of the overall responsibilities of all aspects of development, fundraising, and marketing.
- Proven ability to organize and implement special events.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with both staff and on and off-site volunteers.
- Must possess the ability to learn, navigate, and become proficient in various fundraising and organizational software systems. Must demonstrate comfort and experience in working with very large databases and records. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel.
- High level of professionalism with the ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Possess highly developed interpersonal and networking skills, in addition to multi-tasking and organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure with many priorities and deadlines.
Perform any duties as assigned by the Development Manager, Executive Director, or in s/he’s absence the President of the Board of Directors.
The above statements/document is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by a person assigned to this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Save-A-Pet management and the board of directors reserve the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.