Simply Bee Mental Health Action Day
Date and Time
Thursday May 18, 2023
6:30 PM - 7:30 PM CDT
5/18 -6:30 - 7:30 pm
Libertyville Bike Path corner 176/Garfield and walk west ending at Dairy Dream
Simply Bee is a local counseling practice in Vernon Hills. We are a member of the Mental Health Action Network, powered by MTV Entertainment, who is the catalyst behind the creation of the worldwide Mental Health Action Day Movement. This initiative began in 2021 in the wake of COVID-19 where millions of people uncovered new mental health conditions and millions more had their existing challenges exacerbated. Founded with a goal to shift our mental health culture from awareness to action, this day is an opportunity to empower communities to come together in support of mental wellbeing, resilience and meaningful change.
Simply Bee is proud to be a part of a coalition of 1,800+ nonprofits, brands, government agencies, and influential leaders from more than 32 countries that spread the message that, just like our physical health, we can take action to improve our mental health. This year's Mental Health Action Day is focused on empowering people across the globe to spend one hour doing a mental health action for themselves, their loved ones and their community. In alignment with this mission, we're thrilled to host our third annual, 1-hour community walk!
Here are the details:
- What: A family-friendly walk & ice cream social
- When: Thursday, May 18th | 6:30-7:30pm
- Where: We will meet at the bike path on the corner of 176 & Garfield (behind St. John's Church) and walk west, ending at Dairy Dream for a free ice cream cone
- Cost: $5 for adults & all kids walk free!
- Register before 4/28 to receive a Mental Health Is Health t-shirt. There will also be fun SWAG bags for the first 150 people to register
- All donations this year will go to Waukegan To College
Additionally, we are looking for local businesses to co-sponsor this event with us! There are multiple levels of sponsorship available with different opportunities so you can find one that best aligns with your mission to serve. All levels include your marketing/promo materials in our SWAG bags + social media & newsletter spotlights. Click here to learn more!
To learn more, register, donate, or become a sponsor, please visit https://www.simplybeecounseling.net/mhad.